Community

What we can learn from death

When I go into classrooms as an Audubon Nature Educator, I get all sorts of questions from the students. They want to know what my favorite animals are, or stories from nature, and sometimes the questions are even relevant to the lesson I’m teaching (sometimes). But, the most common question ...

Youngville Life

ONE WEEK REMAINS IN LIBRARY’S ‘LOVE YOUR LIBRARY’ GIVEAWAY One week remains for getting raffle ticket chances for Youngsville Library’s Annual “Love Your Library” raffle extravaganza. Five chances cost a $5 donation (any denomination in $5 increments is a possibility); buyers ...

Warren General, CORE host flag to celebrate Donate Life Month

Warren General Hospital and the Center for Organ Recovery & Education (CORE) are celebrating the 2024 National Donate Life Month by raising a flag to honor donors, recipients and those waiting for transplants at 1 p.m. on Thursday, March 28 at the Warren General Hospital main entrance, 2 ...

American Legion serves lunch at hospital

Photo provided to the Times Observer The Warren American Legion provided Warren General Hospital and its satellite locations with lunch on Tuesday A. total of 91 pizzas, 1,040 wings, and 5 tubs of salad were on the menu for the event.

Career Center students inducted into honor society

Photo provided to Times Observer Eleven Warren County Career Center students were inducted into the National Technical Honor Society Friday, March 15. NTHS recognizes, honors, and empowers students and teachers in Career and Technical Education. Pictured, from left, are: Marissa Beardsley - ...

Briefs

Church to hold chalk event Sunday Starbrick Community Church, one block off US 6 on Weiler Road., will be doing a chalk drawing on Palm Sunday, March 24, at 10 a.m. Everyone is welcome to participate. A luncheon will follow the service.