Community

Free job help available at library

Free job assistance with Rebecca Whitney, PA Career Link staff member, is back at the Youngsville Public Library. Whitney will be at the Youngsville Public Library the second and fourth Wednesday of each month from noon to 3 p.m. The format is as follows: ¯ Each second and fourth ...

Master Gardener program to begin in Warren County

The Conewango Creek Watershed Association is partnering with Penn State Extension to bring a new program to Warren County. The Master Watershed Program will begin August 28 and applications are being taken now. The Master Watershed Program is modeled after the Master Gardener program where ...

Sanford UMC Kids Club Meets

Photo provided to the Times Observer The Sanford United Methodist Church Kids Club met recently at the Sanford Church. The kids had a blast with an interactive story learning about Adam and Eve. They were able to learn about sin and knowing right from wrong. They also learned about ...

Legislation aims to help Pennsylvanians attain job skills

The Center Square contributor A bill awaiting consideration by Pennsylvania lawmakers would help residents who lack skills connect with job training opportunities. State Rep. Jim Struzzi, R-Indiana, worked with the Pennsylvania Association for Adult Continuing Education to introduce ...

Pennsylvania announces new nursing home regulations

The Center Square Pennsylvania’s 72,000 nursing home residents could soon receive at least four hours of care, the Department of Health said Wednesday. The proposed regulation comes more than 20 years after the federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services said four hours was “the ...

Next My Pal and Me event set for Aug. 6

Dirt. Soil. What’s the difference? To find out, youngsters and their pals — parents, grandparents, adult siblings, or guardians — are welcome to attend the next My Pal and Me event sponsored by the Warren County Conservation District. “Soil ... it’s more than just dirt” will ...