Community

Road work scheduled this week

Several area roads will have PennDOT maintenance crews working on them this week. Spray patching will take place on Route 62 in Watson Township and Priest Hollow Road in Pine Grove Township. Crack sealing will be done on Route 69 in Conewango Township and Route 957 in Farmington Township. ...

Local band to hosting celebration of first album release

On the occasion of their first album release, the members of Sixpence will host a free concert and party. Warren-based Sixpence — William Russell and Ellen Paquette — combine guitar, Celtic harp, and voices on the album “Songs of Sixpence” and at the Sally’s Encore stage at ...

With every beginning, there is a destination

Editor’s note: This mini-series will explore Christian themes seen through kayaking and canoeing. For a kayaker, knowing where to begin and end is important. At the moment of launch, nearly everything the kayaker does on the journey is directed toward arriving at the destination. Two ...

Nature inspires with both diversity and unity

Recently, I got married. I mention this because our experiences are the lenses through which we see the world. As I gave more thought to how to live and grow with another human, I also found myself drawn to partnerships and communities in the natural world too. On a walk along Chautauqua Lake, ...

Searching for birds

Kids of all ages explored Chapman Park and searched for pictures of native birds hidden in trees during Youngsville Library’s “Educational Escapades” summer program series located at Chapman Park. Join YPLibrary on Thursday, August 18th from 10:00 am – 11:00 am at Pavilion # 2, Chapman ...