×

Then & Now

Photo courtesy of Warren County Historical Society/Times Observer photo by Dave Ferry Built in 1861, The Lander United Methodist Church was not quite finished when it hosted a picnic for the militias of Pine Grove and Kiantone. The steeple was removed around 1912 after the Congregationalist Church that was at one time located across Rt. 957, was struck by lightning and burned. The church remained steeple-less until August 8, 1998 when it was restored by Andy Muntz as part of his Eagle Scout Project.
Photo courtesy of Warren County Historical Society/Times Observer photo by Dave Ferry Built in 1861, The Lander United Methodist Church was not quite finished when it hosted a picnic for the militias of Pine Grove and Kiantone. The steeple was removed around 1912 after the Congregationalist Church that was at one time located across Rt. 957, was struck by lightning and burned. The church remained steeple-less until August 8, 1998 when it was restored by Andy Muntz as part of his Eagle Scout Project.