×

Group to offer cash prizes for newly vaccinated

Times Observer file photo WarrenVAX Team, a collaboration between the Warren County Development Association, Warren General Hospital and many community leaders, is offering the chance at three $1,000 cash prizes for those who get vaccinated.

A local vaccine promotion group is now offering the chance at three $1,000 cash prizes for those in the community who get vaccinated against COVID-19.

It’s an effort of the WarrenVAX Team, a collaboration between the Warren County Development Association, Warren General Hospital and many community leaders.

“Since we’ve begun our effort we’ve seen a 5% increase in full vaccination in the county which is great,” Commissioner Jeff Eggleston said. “Those numbers are based on Pennsylvania Department of Health reporting from December 15th, 2021 until today.

“Our goal now is to get above 50% which is achievable”

The next step the group is taking in that effort is the GrandVAX Giveaway, a series of three $1,000 prize drawings for newly vaccinated residents of the county.

Times Observer file photo

Anyone who receives the first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, or their second dose if part of a two-dose option, will be eligible for the drawings. The form to enter can be found on warrenvax.com. Those interested will need to upload a photo of their vaccination card.

The drawings will happen on March 7, April 4 and May 2.

“The contest gives all participants three opportunities to win $1,000. Participants must be fully vaccinated according to the vaccine they choose before collecting their prize,” according to a statement from the group.

“The contest’s goal is to expand vaccination, particularly to younger citizens,” the team argues. “Since the beginning of the WarrenVAX project in mid-December, the county has increased full vaccination by 5% overall from 42% to 47%. The increase is a positive development and a sign that promotions are helping, but the number needs to be higher still.”

The WarrenVAX Team is “also looking for partners to conduct satellite vaccination clinics in Tidioute, Sheffield, and other outlying areas.

“The concerns over the status of our hospitals and medical providers continue to be an issue as over 80% to 90% of the COVID patients are unvaccinated, and it adds to the long wait times and stress on an already overtaxed health care system.”

Newsletter

Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)
Are you a paying subscriber to the newspaper? *
   

COMMENTS

Starting at $4.62/week.

Subscribe Today