Community

Youngsville Life

The Youngsville Public Library is having a spring book sale Fundraising Event today from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The spring book sale is a one-day event and will be held inside the Library building (100 Broad Street). There will be a variety of “gently-used” large print fiction, books for ...

Night transforms the forest

In mid-April, I took a trip to visit my old stomping grounds in the Poconos of eastern Pennsylvania. There, I met up with former coworkers-turned-friends for a weekend in the woods. The education center we used to work at, and where we spent this weekend, is a beautiful place. We stayed in ...

Briefs

Chicken BBQ planned There will be a chicken barbecue dinner at 2 p.m. Saturday, May 27, at Cabin in the Pines, to benefit Warren County veterans.

Groups to sponsor Seed to Supper program

The Warren County Master Gardeners and Youngsville Free Methodist Church are working to sponsor a program to help the community learn how to grow the foods families eat. The six classes extend through the summer. “Participants will learn how to build healthy soil, choose crops to grow, ...

Get-together at Audubon to form new birding group, Wednesday, May 24

A new birding group is in the works. Those who like birding, birds, or would like to learn more about either, are invited to a meeting at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday to discuss a possible new birding group that could include former members of the RTPI (Roger Tory Peterson Institute) Ornithological ...

Audubon Natural Investigators study pond life Saturday, May 27

The ponds at Audubon Community Nature Center are home to many creatures, both big and small. Adults and their 8 to 12-year-old(s) are invited to be Natural Investigators and study the creatures that live beneath the water’s surface at Audubon on Saturday, May 27, from 10 to 11:30 ...