Senior Center Menu
Thursday, Jan. 30 will be Cook's Choice with dessert and refreshments.
Monday, Feb. 3 will be chicken and biscuits, dessert and beverages.
Tuesday, Feb. 4 will be kraut and hot dogs, dessert and beverages.
Thursday, Feb. 6 will be Cooks Choice, dessert and beverages.
Please call the center at 484-3020 to make a lunch reservation to order a take out.
Flap Jack Nite
Just a friendly reminder about the "Flap Jack" Stack -em Nite on Sat., Feb. 1 from 4:30 p.m. till 6:30 p.m. at the First Presbyterian Church.
The meal will include juice, pancakes, sausage, applesauce, dessert, and beverages for $7.
Take outs will be available, please call ahead to order at 484-3513 after 3 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 1.
Supper proceeds will benefit the church building and restoration funds.
Tidioute First United Methodist Church will hold its annual Super Bowl Soup Sales on Sunday, Feb. 2, from noon until the soup is gone.
Prices are $3 for a 16-ounce container; $4 for a 20-ounce container and $5 to eat in .
Some of the soups that will be available will be tortilla, chili, chicken noodle, potato, chicken and rice, and bean.
There will be Bingo Games at Buccardo's with the doors opening at 2 p.m. and the games will begin at 3 p.m.
Proceeds benefit he Pennsylvania State Championship Fishing Tournament.
Tidioute First Methodist Church is holding a small group study on Sunday mornings at 11 a.m. open to anyone who would like to attend.
Girl Scout cookies
Once again it is that time of year when local Girl Scouts are taking orders for their famous Girl Scout cookies.
For those who have not been approached for orders you can contact Jennifer Nuttall or Crystal Philips.
Later there will be cookies booths set up in town to sell the balance of the boxes they order.
Proceeds from the cookies sales help with programs for the girls and a percentage of the sales remains in the local troop.
Tidioute Health Fair is now set for Saturday, March 29, from 9 a.m. till noon at Tidioute Firehall.
Warren General Hospital staff members met at the hospital on Thursday with Martha Bennett, contact person in Tidioute, assisted by Linda Scott.
This will be a comprehensive Blood Testing with tests for heart disease, diabetes, thyroid function, anemia and liver disease.
Cost will be $40 per person with a light breakfast provided by members of the fire department auxiliary.
Men have the option of a prostate cancer test for an additional $17.
Also, those attending can choose to have the A1C test, which shows blood glucose over a 2-3 month period for a cost of $10. A1C hemoglobin measure's the amount of glucose stored within the red blood cells. As your A1C increases, so does your risk of developing diabetes. It also increases your chance of developing chronic complications associated with diabetes.
Several free screenings will be offered as they have been in the past such as blood pressure, pulse, height, weight, body mass index, body fat analysis, bone density.
Several businesses and organizations will be at the Health Fair with lots of information and ready to assist you in any questions you might have.
More information will be coming in this column.
To schedule an appointment for the Comprehensive Blood Screening please call Marty Bennett at 484-7372 and get your appointment made.
1. Kent Joseph Heenan, Melinda Beck, Shirley Hunter, Guy McLaughlin
2. Bill Adams, Lacy Wolford
4. Dot Kording
5. Angie Dunn, Brian Spencer
6. Stephanie Nicholson, Janet Anderson, Sonny Tranquilli
7. Zack Sutton, Lauren Palmer, Kristen McGraw, Damian Fedele,
8. Karen Konkle, Judy Kane Marlett, John McCauley, Todd McLaughlin, Kirk Schwab
9. Sharey Sveda, Erin Benner, Bub Fedele, Andy Spencer, Peggy Kelly
10. Kathy Davis
11. Sue Sveda, Billy Caputo, Susan C. Brown, Monica Morgan
12. Ann Scott, Nina Gionti, Tom Ressler, Linny Bailor, Jack Nicholson, Buddy Klos
13. Jeff Barton, Ryan Myers, David Jones Jr.
14. Karin Downey, Linda Shields, Meg Froman, Savanna Daelhousen, Nikolas Bajorek
15. Cindy Lindemuth, Crystal York, Donna Williams
16. Jerod Palmer, Cindy Reasbeck,Rosie Kostkas, Patty Pascarella
17. Tom Jamieson
18. Scott Cyphert, Joe Wilcox Jr., Barbara Carter
19. Donna Childs
20 Cody Fike, Tyler Morris, Kris Greeley, Keith Greeley
21. Jane McManigle, Rick Lester
22. April Wike-Wyman, Max Anderson, Dennis Nicholson
23. Dawn Morris
24. Erin McManigle
25. Timmy Craft, Cherry Brown, Sue Shoemaker
27. Monica Wolford, Adam Meneo
28. Brandon Sveda, Amy Yeager
Feb 1 will be the Flap Jack Nite at Presbyterian Church from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
Feb 2 Soup Sales at Methodist Church from 12 till the soup is gone.
Bingo at Buccardo's Restaurant 3 p.m.
4 Sports Boosters at TCCS 7 p.m.