Sometimes, an honest typographical error ends up much more interesting than the intended series of letters. "We are shooting a zombie film and bringing people..." Interesting, odd, but not an excuse to bust out laughing. Change one letter... "We are shooting a zombie film and brining people..." We hear they are tastier and last longer that way.
Economic development is a hotbed of jargon and catch-phrases. That disruptive technology should be embraced is something that takes some explanation. So, maybe the words economic developers use make sense to them. "It may be a little bit of a pipedream, but we want the pipedream to be actionable." Isn't that part of what makes a pipedream a pipedream? That it's outrageous? In most cases, we believe that it is best that pipedreams not be actionable.
Driving through suburban Warren County recently, a reporter saw a matching vehicle and trailer combination coming at him. The towing vehicle bore emergency lights. As the reporter and vehicle passed, he saw Pennsylvania State Police markings on both vehicle and trailer. So, the state police were hauling horses and they do so on a regular basis. According to a state police contact, the agency's horses are typically donated and the trailer was transporting a donation from an anonymous Warren County resident to the State Police Academy in Hershey. And, yes, there is a PSP Mounted Unit.
In this day of texts featuring more smileys than real English words, it's not so surprising when one comes across typographical errors. Not surprising, but sometimes very amusing. And those that write the news are not exempt. In a story about a Pennsylvania judge who decided he shouldn't be seated for a particular case, the judge is said to have "rescued" himself. That might be what he thought about avoiding the case, but the industry term - with the same letters - is 'recused.'
A national survey shows that 85 percent of Americans do not approve of alcohol in public parks. After hearing that statistic, one local official suggested that the other 15 percent probably live in Warren County.