The Woman's Club of Warren announced the completion of its Centennial Campaign celebrating 100 years of service to Warren County. The goal of $75,000 was surpassed with a total of almost $80,000 received and pledged to date.
The campaign focused on maintenance and enhancement of the club's historic building so that it will be available for its multiple uses for many years into the future. The clubhouse at 310 Market Street is used by community groups and for weddings, plays, concerts and other events. The beautiful Victorian building has been lovingly maintained by the Woman's Club since 1922.
In 1993, members of the Woman's Club, under the leadership of Elizabeth Jones and Jane Betts, saw the need for a non-profit organization to raise funds for historic preservation and scholarships. This Educational, Scholarship and Historic Preservation Group (ESHPG) has enabled the Woman's Club to raise funds to add an elevator, accessible restrooms and entryways, paved parking areas, a new roof and updated electrical systems, as well as maintenance chores like painting and floor refinishing.
The ESHPG also conducts an annual scholarship program for Warren County students.
Support for the capital campaign was received from the DeFrees Foundation, the Community Foundation of Warren, the Betts Foundation, the Sally Sokolski Foundation and the Conarro Family Foundation. The majority of the funds were donated by the current members of the Woman's Club, who contributed generously to the campaign.