A 1920s image of the C.C. Smith Company located at 6 Water Street in Warren, currently the site of Thorne's Bi Lo. The C.C. Smith Company originated around the turn of the 20th Century founded by Clyde C. Smith. Mr. Smith operated a livery stable in a barn at the rear of 303 West Third Avenue until he moved to 6 Water Street and transitioned from a "horse" agency to an auto agency. In 1901, the C.C. Smith Company was functioning as a three-dimensional operation of draying, livery stable operations and automotive sales. In 1919, Clyde's son Don Smith returned home and became the firm's first full-time automobile salesman. By the 1940s, the company became Smith Buick - Oldsmobile and had moved to 11 Market Street, that building was demolished in 1982. Courtesy of the Warren County Historical Society.
A 1920s image of the C.C. Smith Company located at 6 Water Street in Warren, currently the site of Thorne’s Bi Lo.