A fire in Freehold Township damaged a house on Monday night.
Steve Coons, Wrightsville Volunteer Fire Department chief, said the fire took place when a ventless gas heater on an enclosed front porch malfunctioned. The house was located at 284 Eldred Hill Road.
Firefighters were called at 9:47 p.m. According to Coons, Columbus volunteer firefighers also responded.
It took about 15 minutes for responders to get the fire under control. Flames were contained to the wall behind the heater, Coons said, and only the wall and a few windows in the porch area were damaged.
Although homeowner Adam Jensen and his wife and son were home at the time, Coons said there were no injuries. Despite the bad weather, firefighters were not adversely impacted.
"It was windy, but it didn't hamper us," Coons said.