The Warren County School District board of directors approved the following five goals during Monday night's meeting. The goals and the accompanying specific action steps are available at esb.wcsdpa.org/.
1. The Warren County School District will develop a fiscal plan to 1) address the need for increasing non-traditional revenues and maximizing income from traditional sources, 2) continue to control spending and 3) present a long term financial plan to address the concerns of the Board of Directors regarding curricular and technology needs, professional development, and staffing.
2. The Warren County School District will commit to implementation of the Master Facilities Plan by maintaining progress on the Sheffield, Eisenhower and Beaty construction projects, planning for any approved school closures and determining future areas of need.
3. The Warren County School District will strive to improve both its external and internal communications so that staff and community will be better informed about District events and updates.
4. The Warren County School District will continue the multi-year continuous improvement plan for academic excellence. By September 2013, the administration will develop a plan to support instructional delivery that maximizes the use of district resources and includes a plan to collect, utilize and communicate achievement data regarding specific student progress and needs which can be used to plan for students' academic growth.
5. The Warren County School District and Administration will work toward the continuation of reforming the district's high school program with the next steps to be in place by Fall of 2014.