PennDOT will start construction on multiple intersections along Route 62 on Monday.
The project will widen, add turn lanes, pave and make minor upgrades to traffic signals on Route 62 near Jackson Run Road, the Warren Mall, Woodland Drive, the Pine Grove Ambulatory Surgical Center and Akeley Road, PennDOT spokesman Jim Carroll said Friday.
Traffic during the project will be reduced to one lane in work areas and will be controlled by flaggers during construction.
PennDOT will start construction along five different locations along Route 62 on Monday. Part of the project includes a new right lane turn from Hatch Run Road at the intersection with Market Street Extension.
According to Carroll, the project includes:
A left turn lane from Jackson Run Road for northbound traffic on Route 62
A new right turn lane from Hatch Run Road for northbound traffic on Route 62
A left turn lane for southbound traffic at Woodland Drive
A left turn lane for northbound and southbound traffic at Timberview Lane to the Pine Grove Ambulatory Surgical Center
Extension of the existing turn lane at Akeley Road.
Glenn O. Hawbaker of State College is the contractor for the project, which is scheduled to be completed by the middle of October. The contract cost is $2,082,000, with 80 percent of the cost paid by federal funds, and the remaining 20 percent covered with state funds.
"PennDOT urges motorists to obey speed limits, stay alert and pay close attention to signs and flaggers in work zones," Carroll said. "We ask motorists to avoid distractions and give their full attention to the road."