Judson L. Wilson, age 84, a lifelong resident of Kellettville, Pa., Forest County, died on Monday, March 14, 2011 at UPMCMercy Hospital in Pittsburgh, Pa. He was born August 3, 1926 in Kellettville, Pa., son of the late Plummer and Julia Silzle Wilson.
Jud was the youngest of 9 children and attended school both in Kellettville and in Endeavor, Pa., after which he served his country in the US Navy. He retired after working many years for Penn-Dot as a Signman. Jud was well known throughout the community of Tionesta and the area for his civic involvements including the current Vice President of the Forest County Historical Society, Lions Club and the Masonic Lodge, all of Tionesta. For many years he was a member of the West Hickory Fire Department Fire Police. He worked countless hours setting up the History House of the Forest County Historical Society located in Tionesta. Most will remember Jud's contributions to the Forest Press of Tionesta by being a helping hand, and providing photos and historical articles from his extensive collection. He was a member of the former Washington Twp. Methodist Church of Washington Twp., Clarion County.
He is survived by a brother, Harold W. Wilson of Warren, Pa., and a sister, Alice M. Wilson with whom he resided in Kellettville. There are several nieces and nephews. In addition to his parents he was preceded in death by 3 brothers, Robert, Wayne and Howard Wilson. 3 sisters, Avonelle Wilson, Arlene Lightner and Mary Shirley.
There will be no public visitation. Friends are welcome to attend a Celebration of Life service at the Harmony Twp. Community Building in West Hickory on Saturday, March 26, 2011 at 1pm with Retired Pastor Donald E. Bloomster, officiating. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Forest County Historical Society P.O. Box 546 Tionesta, Pa. 16353. Arrangements are under the direction of the Norman J. Wimer Funeral Home of Tionesta and condolences may be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org