Warren-based Betts Industries, a designer and manufacturer of valves, manlids and pressure/vacuum relief valves for highway cargo tanks and various other applications, as well as safety lamps, lighting systems and other accessories for the trucking industry, is featured in this month's Spotlight Q&A section of the Manufacturer & Business Association Business Magazine.
The Business Magazine is a monthly business-to-business publication that covers the most compelling human resource, legal and legislative issues facing employers today. Among its 15,000 readers are business owners, CEOs and top executives from 27 counties throughout northwest and central Pennsylvania, as well as northeast Ohio and western New York.
"It is always great to showcase one of our local manufacturers and, in this case, hear from President Rodney Betts about Betts Industries' 110th year of continuous operation," said Association President Ralph Pontillo. "It is longtime employers, like Betts, which fuel our region's innovation and economic growth."
Betts Industries, an ISO 9001-certified manufacturer, which employs 227 people between its two divisions - Valves and Manholes, and Lamps - is a major supplier of parts to the trucking industry, specifically tank truck manufacturers. Approximately 75 percent of the company's current business is domestic and the remaining 25 percent is international - a continuously growing segment - with customers in Canada, Mexico, Central America, South America, Australia, Europe, Asia and Africa.
To read the one-page article in the January 2011 edition of the Business Magazine, click on the Business Magazine button on www.mbausa.org. For more information about Betts Industries, visit www.bettsind.com or call 814/723-1250.