Bravo

Thank you

Dear Editor,

As board members of the Friends of the Warren Public Library, we thank the people who recently supported our Annual Book Sale. We sold many hardback, paperback, fiction, nonfiction, vintage, and children’s books.

The money we earned from the sale goes directly to the Warren Public Library to help support programs like Trivia Night, Movie Night, children’s programming, and the purchase of newly-published books.

Our Warren Public Library relies on monetary donations from the public as we only receive 51 percent of our funding from the state and county. The remaining 49 percent of our funding comes from grants and the generous support of those in the community. There is no municipal or federal funding for the library.

We are very blessed to have a library of this caliber in such a small town in rural northwestern Pennsylvania that meets the needs of so many people. From multiple public meeting rooms, a fine arts gallery, free use of computers, reference assistance, to loaning of books, e-books, audio books, and movies; the library has it all.

Warren Public Library provides so much free programming to every age and demographic in our community. Few other organizations touch people of all ages and walks of life as the library.

We are presently holding a basket raffle and invite you to stop in to see our baskets, as well as enjoy your public library while you are here. We have so much more than “just books.”

Whoever says, “There is nothing to do in Warren County” needs to visit this goldmine in downtown Warren. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Your continued support is greatly appreciated and we feel so fortunate to be a part of this wonderful community.

Sincerely,

Barbara Scott, and The Friends of the Warren Public Library

COMMENTS