Small fire at South Street School

Times Observer photo by Katie Miktuk W F D received a call Wednesday about a small fire at the South Street Head Start Building.

The Warren Fire Department received a call around 3 p.m. Wednesday about a small fire at the South Street Head Start Building.

According to fire officials, the fire started in one of the classrooms and was caused by an electrical problem in one of the light fixtures.

The Warren Fire Department stated that “it was very small and a portable fire extinguisher was used to put it out.”

The building is safe to assume use.

According to a post on the Warren Head Start Facebook page, “only Miss Stacy’s room was affected. Her classes will be cancelled for the remainder of the week for cleanup.

“The other three classes in the building will still be held at regular time,” the Facebook post stated.

COMMENTS