Community

My musical journey

You could say that for me, in the words of the great Hank Williams, music is a family tradition.My uncle John schooled his younger brother, and my father, Bob, in good musical taste and that aesthetic of sound was naturally passed down to me.I remember begging my dad many nights to "please, ...

Briefs…

Red Hat meetingThe Red Hat Society Purple Majesties will meet at Christies at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 25. Wear a costume and bring your nickels.Hill & Dale meetingThe Hill & Dale Garden Club will be meeting at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 26, at the Lottsville United Methodist Church. ...

Class project

Members of the Leadership Warren County class of 2012 took advantage of recent warm weather to stain the educational watershed kiosks at Point Park in Warren and Larimer Park in Russell, which they had installed as part of their class project in late fall of 2013. Pressure treated wood was used ...

Audubon and Watershed Conservancy announce collaboration

JAMESTOWN, N.Y. - The Chautauqua Watershed Conservancy has announced the expansion of its sanctuaries to include the Bentley Sanctuary, a unique wildlife preserve off of Fluvanna Avenue Extension near Fluvanna that is known for its ephemeral spring wildflowers and winding trails.The Sanctuary ...

County senior center schedule

MarienvilleMACA Building927-6607:Monday: 10/24: cards, games, lunch at 11:45 a.m.Wednesday: 10/26: cards, games, lunch at 11:45 a.m.Thursday: 10/27: cards, games, lunch at 11:45 a.m.EndeavorTownship Building463-7774:Tuesday: 10/25: cards, games, lunch at 11:45 a.m.Wednesday: 10/26: ...

Wrobleski celebrating 60 years

Danial and Lorraine Wrobleski celebrated their 60th Wedding Anniversary on October 13, 2016. They were married on October 13, 1956.They are the parents of 4 daughters: Deborah (Fred) Alspaugh, Connie (Micheal) Gage, Carrie (Kevin) Chambers, Darlene (Wayne) Repke;9 Grandchildren: Katrina (Jason) ...

West Forest Homecoming

Photo submitted to Times ObserverThe Homecoming festivities at West Forest kicked off the week of October 10, culminating with a dance Saturday night at the school. Andrew Schwab was crowned king, and the queen was Kristina Wagner.

The Finish Line

Part two in a two-part Diversions series about Warren Area High School's state championship cross country team of 1966. The first part of the series was published in last Saturday's WTO.Park in Erie. The Class B Grapepickers were led by Ted Miller, the only area coach whose savvy rivaled ...

Briefs…

Class breakfastThe men of Warren High School Class of 1951 will meet for breakfast at Perkins Restaurant at 9 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 25.Deer Season KickoffThe Kinzua Quality Deer Cooperative is sponsoring the second annual Deer Season Kickoff on Sunday, Oct. 30, beginning at 12:30 p.m. on the ...

Enjoy the Season event Nov. 5 at Lander UMC

Come join us for a relaxing, refreshing ladies' day out, at the 9th annual Enjoy the Season event. The event will be held from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 5, at Lander United Methodist Church in Lander, PA.The day begins with a breakfast prepared by event coordinators Sharon Johnson, ...

2016 Senior Expo is Oct. 28 at TAWC

The Warren/Forest Eldercare Council has announced that the 2016 Senior Expo, slated for Friday, Oct. 28, from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., will be at the Transit Authority of Warren County (TAWC) building at 42 Clark Street, which is also the home of the Allegheny Community Center (ACC).This venue ...

It’s a Christmas Spectacular in December

What's that I hear? Christmas Magic is in danger? It can't be!But, never fear! Santa and Mrs. Claus are on the case as they help explain the four things that make Christmas Magic happen - fun, food, friends and family!And, of course, there is hijinx and fun along the was as the dancers of ...

TO DO

The following is a list of upcoming local entertainment events. The Times Observer welcomes additions to the list that are of community interest. Closed gatherings are not included. To add an event, email managing editor Jon Sitler at jsitler@timesobserver.com.Oct. 20: Warren Public Library ...

Opening with a whisper

Twas a time when the start of small game season was nearly as exciting as the start of deer season. Typically a small game hunter would see nearly as many hunters in the woods as the first day of deer season.Of course back then, I am talking about the 1960s, we had a lot more small game habitat ...

Briefs…

Library book saleThe Warren Public Library Clearance Book Sale begins Thursday, Oct. 20, from 10 a.m. to 7:45 p.m., then Friday from 10 a.m. to 4:45 p.m., and from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday. There are soft- and hard-covered books, trade books, CDs and more. Everything is 50 cents to ...

Mostachetti named aquatics coordinator at Y

The Warren County YMCA has appointed Dannielle Mostachetti as the new aquatics coordinator at the Y.She graduated from Slippery Rock University in 2012 with a Physical Education major and Aquatics minor; ran cross country and track at SRU; worked as a lifeguard and swim instructor since 2006 at ...

Briefs…

Square dancingThe Circle 8 Square Dance Club will be dancing at 8 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 22, at the Warren State Hospital gym. Dave Wolfhope is the caller and it is Pie Night.Class lunchThe Warren High School Class of 1958 will meet for lunch at noon Tuesday, Oct. 25, at Bob Evans.

Delta Kappa Gamma state president visits Warren chapter

The Alpha Mu Chapter of the Delta Kappa Gamma Society International welcomed state president Tracey Dusch to Warren. Tracey joined members at the Conewango Club for breakfast on October 15 to share her DKG journey.The Delta Kappa Gamma Society represents nearly 3,000 leading women educators ...

Zonta Club welcomes Hooktown Holidays

Photo submitted to Times ObserverZonta Club of Warren met at the Jefferson Defrees Center Thursday, Oct. 13. Members were pleased to welcome Terry Pearson. Terry is the founder of Hooktown Holidays. The mission of Hooktown Holidays is; To provide nutritious food, warm clothing, and other ...