Community

Media One High School Bowl results

Fredonia Central School defeated Frewsburg Central School 75-61 in a recent Media One High School Bowl match at SUNY Jamestown Community College. The victory advanced Fredonia (4-0) into the winner’s bracket championship match. Frewsburg (4-1) also remained alive in the tournament. In ...

Youngsville Life

Saturday, May 20th from 10 am – 4 pm, Youngsville Public Library (100 Broad Street) is having a Spring Book Sale for the very first time. Regular library services, such as access to public computer towers and material check out, will also be available during this time on May 20th. Unlike the ...

Youngsville High School Prom Court announced

Photo submitted to Times Observer The members of the Youngsville High School Prom Court are (front, from left) Dilyn Moore, Lilly Clough, Abby Kent, Shea Walton, and Olivia Darling; and (back) Ethan Senz, Blake Myers, Preston Orr, Koby Hendrickson, and Brandon Sutton. King and queen will be ...

Audubon to host annual plant exchange, sale on May 20

The Audubon Community Nature Center will hold its 2023 Plant Exchange and Sale on Saturday, May 20, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.. Those participating can trade their own potted plants in exchange for new ones or purchase plants outright. There will be a number of native plants, as well as annuals, ...

Making memories with nature

By Memories from my childhood tend to come in flashes and moments rather than complete stories. However, I do recall some of the seemingly insignificant moments of walking with my grandfather in the woods behind the house I grew up in. It seemed like he knew every tree in that forest. I was ...

Experts suggest youth courts to reduce juvenile crime

For public safety and better long-term outcomes, some experts say schools should cre—te youth courts — run by students, for students. The court – considered a way to keep more people out of the criminal justice system – serves a restorative role in helping children and teens see the ...