Community

Hill & Dale Garden Club celebrates Christmas

The Hill & Dale Garden Club meeting and Christmas Party was held December 11 at Ribs & Bones. Ruth Ann welcomed everyone and wished all a Merry Christmas. Peg read the devotions. There was a good turnout with 23 members in attendance and members remembered those that could not ...

Antiques Study Club holds Christmas Luncheon

Members of the Antiques Study Club gathered at the Woman’s Club on December 9 for its annual Christmas luncheon. Chairwoman Judith Scalise and her committee — Sally Clark, Jill Dart, Betty McPherson, Sally Siefert, Roberta Ward, Crissi Winans, Janice Moore, and Jackie Jones-Beck — ...

Take the plunge!

Where have all the Vikings gone? The majestic Polar Bear may not be indigenous to our area, but there is one local, rare, species acclimated to the Allegheny tundra that appears to be threatened to near extinction. It is the brave and fearless Nordic Warriors of the Winterfest Polar ...

Ring around the clock

With just days to go until Christmas bells will be jingling all the way through the typically silent night in hopes of filling the kettles. The Warren Salvation Army is hosting the first 24-Hour Kettle Challenge. The event begins on Monday, Dec. 23 at 3 p.m. and runs until 3 p.m. on ...

County senior center schedule

Marienville MACA Building 927-6607: Tuesday (12-24): closed Wednesday (12-25): closed Thursday (12 -26): crafts at 9:30 am; lunch at 11:45 a; bingo after lunch Endeavor Township Building 463-7774: Tuesday (12-24): closed Wednesday (12-25): closed Friday (12-27): games; ...

Briefs…

2nd Harvest Produce Express The 2nd Harvest Produce Express will be at the Otterbein United Methodist Church, 258 Dalrymple St, Pittsfield, on Tuesday, Jan. 7, 2020. Food pick-up will begin promptly at 3:30 p.m. They will be serving 100 families on a first-come, first-serve basis. No ...

Warren Christian Women hold December luncheon

Village Missions Country Partners, Warren Christian Women, held its “Holiday Blessings” luncheon on Tuesday, Dec. 10, at the Allegheny Community Center, Warren. Kay Gray and Lee Jones greeted and registered attendees. Nancy Schuyler welcomed guests. The Youth Connection performed, singing ...

500… socks

Cambridge Warren has delivered a record-setting collection of warm winter socks to the Warren Area School District, bringing an end to its second Warm Socks Drive. The seniors and staff at Cambridge Warren collected 535 pairs of socks — five times as many socks as last year, the year ...

Holy Redeemer fills baskets with love for local families

Volunteers of all ages came with carts, dollies and holiday spirit Friday evening to brighten the holiday season for 100 local families in need. Christmas food baskets were filled with a wide variety of food items to be delivered to families on Saturday. Volunteers lined up with carts and ...

Briefs…

Class lunch The Warren High School class of 1947 will meet for lunch at 11:30 a.m. Friday, Dec. 20, at Bob Evans. Reservations can be made by calling Betty at 723-2447. ——— The Youngsville High School class of 1963 will meet for lunch at 12:30 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 18, at the ...

It’s A Sugar Grove Christmas Walk

Photos submitted to Times Observer The full moon and Friday the 13th made for a magical “It’s A Sugar Grove Christmas Walk.” Sugar Grove Volunteer Fire Department delivered Santa Claus to the town park with the children waiting for him to give their Christmas wishes; with the AMVETS ...

Briefs…

Class lunch The Warren High School class of 1956 will meet for lunch at 1 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 17, at the Draft House. ——— The Warren High School class of 1957 will have a luncheon at 12:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 21, at Lawsons in Youngsville. Democrats to meet The Warren County ...

Russell-Akeley Life

In the last edition of Russell – Akeley Life (November 19, 2019), I related some of the history of the structures on the four corners of Main and Liberty Sts. from the early days of Russellburg to present-day Russell that was presented by Thom Russell, Vickie Ferrie and Lisa Miller on the ...

Marienville MACA Building 927-6607: Tuesday (12-17): Cards and Crafts; Exercise; Lunch at 11:45 am, Bingo after Lunch Wednesday (12-18): Cards and Crafts; Exercise; Lunch at 11:45 am; Bingo after Lunch; Blood Pressures 1st Wed of the Month Thursday (12-19): Cards and Crafts; Christmas ...

A long life lived

About 10 years ago, I interviewed my great-aunt — Elaine Heald (always Aunt Lainie to me). I didn’t interview her because she was my great-aunt. I interviewed her because she was heading up the 75th reunion of her Warren High School class. I don’t recall much about the reunion — I ...

YMCA holds Special Ops fundraiser

The Warren County YMCA stays dedicated to serving their community. The YMCA hosted their annual “Special Ops” fundraiser dinner last week to help support the free programs they run for the community. “We have several programs at the Y that have no source of revenue, they have no ...

Marienville MACA Building 927-6607: Tuesday (12-10): Center closed the second Tuesday of each month. Wednesday (12-11): Cards and Crafts; Exercise; Lunch at 11:45 am; Bingo after Lunch; Blood Pressures 1st Wed of the Month Thursday (12-12): Cards and Crafts; Lunch at 11:45 am; 50/50 ...

Hello, Christmas: Parade opens festive season

It was lovely weather for a parade together with the community. The annual Times Observer/WCCBI Downtown Warren Christmas Walk and Parade had it all — the good, the bad, and the WACKO. Santa Claus made his traditional pre-Christmas appearance to participate in the parade — riding a log ...

Sensory Santa Party Dec. 14

Do you wish your family could attend holiday events where everyone understands it may be tough for your child to take in a new environment? Events where they are not only accepting but supportive in modifying activities for your child to enjoy? Have you wished all of your kids could ...

Briefs…

Class lunch The Warren High School Class of 1955 will meet at Applebee’s at 12:30 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 11. Polka Sunday The Slovenian Polka Boosters will meet from 2 to 5 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 8, at Wildwoods in St. Marys, with Bill Bevec, of Warren, Ohio, performing. There will be music for ...