Community

Clarendon VFW/Am Vets Post 314 becomes lead donor on baby arch project

The Clarendon VFW/Am Vets Post 314 showed up today in full force at a meeting held at the Warren Co. Courthouse to educate the new Warren County Commissioners on the development of a local RC&D project intended to preserve local history and honor the local labor connection to one of ...

Briefs…

Monday Night MoviesMonday Night Movies at the Warren Public Library will continue on February 29th.. This event is free of charge and begins at 5:30 p.m. in the Slater Room on the third floor of the library. Complimentary popcorn will be available.This week's PG-13 rated 121 minute film stars ...

County senior center schedule

MarienvilleMACA Building927-6607:Monday: 2/22: cards, games,lunch at noonWednesday: 2/24: cards, games, lunch at noonThursday 2/25: cards, games, lunch at noonEndeavorTownship Building463-7774:Monday : 2/22: cards, games,lunch at noonTuesday 2/23: cards, games, lunch at noonFriday 2/26: cards, ...

Briefs…

Class lunchThe Warren Area High School class of 1964 will meet for lunch at noon, Monday, Feb. 22, at the Conewango Club in Warren.Class breakfastWAHS Class of 1962 will meet for breakfast on February 24th, Wednesday, at Perkins at 9am. All classmates are welcome.---The men of the Warren High ...

Game Show

Game Show, the new production by the Warren Players at the Struthers Library Theatre, "goes live" at 7 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 25. But before that can happen, the cast needs plenty of rehearsal. The Times Observer was invited to one of those rehearsals this week, and even got the opportunity to ...

‘I was embarrassed by my absolute blank’

"Game Show" isn't kidding around with its "the comedy play" with "you" slipped in between "comedy" and "play."I'm not a stranger to a stage, honestly. I've been in band, orchestra, color guard, choir, theater, all of that stuff. Before I realized I was better at writing than music, I went into ...

The Big Noise

After 13 years, Wynonna has released a new album, Wynonna and the Big Noise. The tour supporting the new release will bring the five-time Grammy Award-winning, two platinum album earning, singing legend to Struthers Library Theatre in Warren, Pennsylvania this March 4th.Wynonna's room-filling ...

TO DO

The following is a list of upcoming local entertainment events. The Times Observer welcomes additions to the list that are of community interest. Club meetings and closed gatherings are not included. To add an event, email managing editor Jon Sitler at jsitler@timesobserver.com.Feb. 25, 26, ...

Squirrel Wars: May the nuts be with you

If you live on the edges of town, or out of town near nut bearing trees, you probably have witnessed squirrel wars.Gray squirrels and red squirrels are regular visitors to feeders in my backyard. They come mainly for black oil sunflower seeds, also occasionally for squirrel blocks and various ...

Briefs…

Class lunchThe Warren High School class of 1947 will meet for lunch at 11:30 a.m. Friday, Feb. 19, at Perkins.Monday Night MoviesMonday Night Movies at the Warren Public Library will continue on February 22nd. This event is free of charge and begins at 5:30 p.m. in the Slater Room on the third ...

Ruff Riders meet in Feb.

The Sugar Grove Ruff Riders 4-H Horse Club met February 2, 2016 at Mission Covenant Church. Emilienne Turbide brought her American Girl Doll, "Felicity," and told members the story from Felicity's book about her rescuing a mistreated horse. Then she led the club in making Peppermint and ...

Bobnar Joins Friends of Allegheny Wilderness Board of Directors

The Warren, Pennsylvania-based non-profit organization Friends of Allegheny Wilderness (FAW) is pleased to announce the recent addition of Luke Bobnar to its board of directors.FAW seeks to foster an appreciation of wilderness values and benefits, and to work with local communities to ensure ...

Briefs…

Community lunch, dinnerThis week menu for the Joy Cafe is Chicken Tetrazzini, Salad Bar and Dessert .The Community dinner is held on Wednesday, February 17, at the Youngsville Free Methodist Church, 139 Davis St. Youngsville. Also the Brokenstraw Area Ministry Lenten Service will be held there ...

Women’s Club hears: ‘The value of Hospice and Palliative Care’

President Karen Davis welcomed members and special guest Lisa To to the February 15th luncheon at the Woman's Club of Warren. Meredith McIntosh, program chairman, introduced the speaker for the day, To, Executive Director, Hospice of Warren County who talked about "The Value of Hospice and ...

Briefs…

Lenton serviceAn ecumenical Lenten Service sponsored by the Warren Area Ministerial Association will be held at the First United Methodist Church, 200 Market Street, Warren, tomorrow, February 18th from noon until 12:30 p.m. The speaker will be Father Rich Toohey from St. Joseph Parish and ...

Briefs…

AOC eventsOn Sunday, Feb. 21, the Allegheny Outdoor Club (AOC) will hold its Annual Outdoor Cookout at Chapman State Park. Participants should bring a dish to pass, your own beverage and tableware and meet at Pavilion # 2 at 1:30 p.m. to ski or hike. The dinner, which will include Dennis ...

Events…

Events around Warren County on Monday: Warren County Historical Society, 210 Fourth Ave., 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Warren Barbershoppers rehearsal, Grace United Methodist Church, 7 p.m. Girl Scout Office, Curwen Building, 589 Hospital Dr., Suite C, North Warren, confirm staff availability, ...

WGH Auxilary Board Health Care Scholarships 2016

The Warren General Hospital Auxiliary is again awarding health care scholarships to Warren County residents currently enrolled, with one year or more completed by June 2016, in a full-time program leading directly to a degree or certification in a health care field.Two health care courses must ...

School’s in session

"I'll have a much harder time than she will," Tanya Swanson said of the five weeks her daughter, 11-year-old Maya, will spend living the dorm life...... From washing her own laundry and working through a practice "intensive" to which 200 out of 2000 national and international ballerinas ...

Day 100

...70, 80, 90, 100.For the elementary students at Youngsville Elementary School Friday, it wasn't just another day at school.It was the one hundredth day of school. That kind of number calls for some celebration."When you look at the earlier grades, kindergarten and first grade especially, ...